- Saturday, April 27th 4:30-7:30pm
INSTRUCTOR: Simone Kereit from OwlCat Designs
This 3 hour class will get students on the path to successful shawl knitting! Using Khyber Pass as our project, we will look at some of the techniques needed to successfully knit a shawl. From Garter Tab cast on, color changes in a pattern, increases and simple lace patterns, to tips and tricks for working from charts (no fear, the pattern is both written and charted), to a perfect stretchy bind off.
PATTERN: Included in class registration
MATERIALS: (not included, 10% off class supplies purchased at Little Owls)
- Sport to worsted weight scrap yarn in 3 colors (approx 30 yards each, appropriate needles (circular needles) for the yarn you are bringing for the technique shawl.
- For shawl: Sport weight yarn, 250 yds/ 229 m each, color A, B, C (If you prefer to make this into an extra warm shawl, you can make it in worsted weight yarn, you will need: US 7 needles and 250 yards of 2 colors and 330 of the white)
- Needles: US 6 (4 mm) min 32"/ 80cm circular needle to hold large number of stitches
- Stitch markers, darning needle
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate - participants should know how to knit, purl, work simple decreases and increases such as k2tog, ssk, yo.
REGISTRATION: Full payment must be made to register. You may also choose to call the shop at (717) 412-0900 to register over the phone.
**Due to the special event nature of the class, no refunds will be given for cancellations made after Wednesday, April 10th. Little Owls reserves the right to cancel the event if minimum class registration is not met, in which case a full refund will be given.